At Vantage, we're passionate about building a cloud cost transparency platform that helps enable everyone – from developers to enterprises – analyze, report, collaborate on and optimize their cloud infrastructure costs. Both our CEO (who is a repeat founder) and CTO are passionate about cloud infrastructure. Having worked together at DigitalOcean, they are taking their combined knowledge to build and scale the Vantage platform. Together we are a small but hard working team of ~10 employees based out of New York City (but embrace the remote-friendly lifestyle). Our current customers include NASA, Buzzfeed, Barstool Sports, PBS, Planetscale, and Panther.
Vantage is also backed by outstanding top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz
, Calvin French Owen (Co-Founder, Segment), Ben and Moisey Uretsky (Co-Founders, DigitalOcean), Stephanie and Nat Friedman (CEO, Github), Julia Lipton, Brianne Kimmel and others.
About The Role:
You will work with a team of fast-paced product engineers who are responsible for shipping feature across the Vantage product. This includes the core reporting experience, new provider integrations and onboarding/billing. The team is fast paced and is constantly shipping to production.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with our founders and collaborate on feature discovery, ideation and delivery.
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code
- Drive technical architecture decisions to set the groundwork as Vantage scales into the future
- Own end-to-end feature development - including measuring and reporting on customer impact
- Join design and product on customer calls to understand user needs
We're looking for someone who has:
- A BA/BS degree and a strong technical background with 3-5 years of experience
- A product-oriented mindset with a passion for listening to and delighting customers
- Led impactful engineering projects at non-trivial scale
- Expertise in Ruby and Rails
- Software design experience with architectures that have scaled from the simple to the complex
- Someone excited to make progress and hold a high degree of responsibility.
- Monitoring and observability expertise
- Experience building and deploying to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Relevant Data Visualization / financial product experience
- Ruby on Rails (6.x)
Vantage is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation, or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender, or age, it is about the people.