, we are a mission to be the go-to way companies respond when things go wrong, helping every organization be more reliable. We do this by building an industry leading incident management platform that allows companies around the world consistently and quickly resolve incidents. We are not simply transforming an industry, we are carving an entirely new +$B segment ourselves and need incredible talent to achieve this ambitious goal together.
Customers love Rootly. Some of the fastest growing companies around the world such as NVIDIA, Figma, Canva, Tripadvisor, Squarespace and more rely on Rootly to power their critical incident management process. They obsess over our delightful enterprise-ready platform and unique partnership model. See why our customers have reviewed us 5 stars on G2
Investors love Rootly. We are backed by some of the most respected funds in the world from Y Combinator to operators like the CTO of Dropbox and GitHub. We'd be happy to disclose our entire funding and profitability picture live during the interview. As a culture we relentlessly put transparency first. We conduct monthly financial reviews as a team so everyone has a pulse on the health of the business and publish what we are building in our weekly changelog
About the Role
This is a ground floor opportunity to be an early engineer at Rootly and tangibly shape our trajectory. You will experience the balance of being scrappy and operating at scale. What you'll be doing described below one-day could look radically different the next. You will be empowered to identify opportunities that will help us grow and own it. In short, this role is designed for individuals that crave ownership, stimulating technical challenges, love shipping fast, and are mission driven. We won't sugar coat it. This will be hard work but guaranteed the best learning experience.
- Scope, design, implement, and own end-to-end feature sets.
- Help architect core parts of our infrastructure from the ground up in a reliable way.
- Have autonomy to identify, conceptualize, and launch new initiatives.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Help design a delightful and beautiful front-end that users enjoy coming back to.
- Work closely with customers directly on product development and provide product support.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven production experience with a major cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Strong written communication skills and can explain complex technical concepts to non-engineers.
- Have an eye for design and knows what looks good and doesn't.
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment.
- Can empathize with the challenges of incident management and interest in developer-focused products.
- Enjoys working and contributing to a high performing team that consistently delivers results.
- We don't care about fancy degrees or FAANG experience.
- Codebase in Ruby using Rails framework
- Turbo, Stimulus and ViewComponents in the frontend
- Rails, Postgres and Redis in the backend
- Sidekiq for background jobs
- Heroku, AWS
- Terraform for infrastructure as code
- GitHub, Slack, Notion, PagerDuty
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- 3 weeks vacation + unlimited sick/mental health days + company-wide shutdown EOY
- M2 MacBook Pro of choice
- $1,000 for health and wellness
- $1,000 for home office
- $1,000 for visiting a teammate located in a different geography
- WeWork membership
- Weekly happy hour on Friday
- Learning and advancement budget at your discretion
- Annual retreat - at least once a year we gather together in person 🏝️
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a fast growing venture-backed startup
Rootly is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Rootly feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.