Senior Ruby Developer
Location: Remote with 1 day a month in our Manchester office
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Team.
We are building out a new Web Applications team, the role will be to support our growing business by implementing greenfield web applications to improve our client experience, internal user experience and creating new business opportunities.
The role will be to be a member of the new Web Applications team. A small team focused on building external and internal web applications using the Ruby on Rails framework and agile principles. You will be wanting to lead a small team highly skilled individuals who can rapidly iterate on ideas by delivering features to end users.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Architecting and building greenfield Ruby on Rails applications to solve business needs, working closely with our Product and BA teams.
- Building and maintaining good engineering practice, including CI/CD pipelines, TDD etc.
- Write clear, concise, and maintainable code, ensuring high performance, reliability, and security.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and mentor junior developers to promote knowledge sharing and professional growth within the team.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, tools, and technologies in web development, actively seeking opportunities to enhance our tech stack and improve development processes.
The ideal candidate:
- Should have a proven track record of building Ruby on Rails applications, from inception to production (and beyond).
- Would be able to thrive when working to aggressive timelines, with a keen understanding of user needs, so that we can deliver the features that drive the greatest benefit to our users.
- Will lead a small remote team, while also clearly communicating progress to colleagues and management.
- Would be a team-player who enjoys mentoring junior colleagues.
- Ruby on Rails with Hotwire
- Strada/Turbo-Native for iOS and Android apps
- Tailwind CSS
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more: