I’m looking for a seasoned Rails engineer to help coach us (and maybe code) through an upgrade to the latest Rails JS hotness and improve our front-end experience.
The app has been around since Rails 3 we upgraded to Rails 7 a couple months ago.
My goals are to:
- Remove all usage of Bootstrap and use Tailwind
- Remove all inline styles
- Move away from JS in the asset pipeline
- Remove all usage of jQuery
- Remove Webpacker, use import maps
- Remove all inline JS and script tags
- Use Turbo Drive and where applicable Turbo Frames
- Remove all usage of Rails UJS