Who We Are
For more than 40 years, Versaterm Public Safety has defined the future of public safety software, delivering success to agencies, large and small, with an end-to-end ecosystem of solutions from community engagement to case closure. Versaterm’s dedication to public safety is demonstrated by an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction, development of innovative software solutions powered by advanced technologies, and a team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those sworn to serve.
At a time when police and community relationships are tested more than ever before, law enforcement agencies are looking for every opportunity to provide their communities with exceptional service. SPIDR Tech has built the world’s first automated customer service platform for law enforcement that gives agencies the tools they need to best serve their communities. Our platform interacts with 911 callers and victims of crime by communicating with them directly to keep them updated and gather their feedback.
This is an exciting time for us! We’re currently experiencing significant growth, with increased sales and installations of our public safety products. So join us as we continue to be innovative, focusing on creative, seamless solutions that allow our customers to focus on the communities they serve.
We are seeking an experience software development professional to augment our team in building new features into our tools which have been built upon best practices in the private sector and driven by years of on-the-ground experience in law enforcement. SPIDR Tech's offering is designed to help public safety agencies improve public perception, decrease liability, and boost staff efficiency.
This position is full-time remote and you can be based anywhere in the continental United States or Canada. As it is in the Public Safety space, you must be a citizen of either nation or green card holder and eligible for a security clearance.
We're looking for someone who is hands-on and has at least 2-5 years of professional experience with software development. You’ve worked on projects with interesting challenges that mattered to your users, throughout the stack, and you have an interest in growing in meaningful ways.
This is not a customer-facing role but rather a key contributor within a small, highly-effective software development team.
We build with Ruby, Rails, Hotwire, Postgres, AWS, GitHub, Kubernetes, and whatever the team decides is the best tool for the job.
*What You'll Bring*
- 2+ years recent experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing using the Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Hotwire would be an asset
- Proficiency with SQL - experience with Postgres a plus
- Ability to independently build a full-stack feature from the ground up
- A desire to help public safety agencies
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
*Reasons to Work With SPIDR Tech*
- Improve relationships between public safety agencies and communities
- Positively impact millions of crime victims and 911 callers
- Get constructive exposure to real world law enforcement
- Receive competitive compensation
- Work fully remote from anywhere in the United States and Canada
- Keep a flexible work schedule and enjoy an open PTO policy
- Work with a company that is experiencing significant growth due to the effects of coronavirus and the critical conversations around police reform
Versaterm Public Safety is committed to building and supporting inclusion, diversity, equity, and sustaining a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available, on request, throughout all aspects of the selection process. These principles apply to the terms and conditions of employment at Versaterm. For detailed information on our accessibility policies, please contact email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time