NCCER has made significant investments in several custom applications that help set it up for a successful transition and migration into digital delivery of its curriculum, learning content, computer-based testing, credentialing, and certification services to the construction industry.
As we continue to grow into this space, adding new content and business models in 2024 and beyond, we are looking to reinforce our team with a seasoned Ruby Developer.
As a team member you will help us enhance and improve existing applications and participate in projects to develop new ones.
While this is primarily a remote position, it will be necessary to travel to NCCER’s HQ in Alachua Florida on occasion, to attend design sessions or similar meetings, where an in-person session is more effective to get us to a desired outcome.
- Always think about how to enhance current applications for a better user experience and work with project managers/analysts to define requirements and user stories.
- Develop and enhance new and existing applications.
- Add features and fix bugs in existing Rails applications.
- Build new applications according to design specifications.
- Provide production support for users of our applications.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain high-quality code.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, and proactively suggest improvements for our web applications.
- Six years experience developing real-world production software.
- Three years experience shipping software with Ruby on Rails (experience with Rails Hotwire a big plus)
- Solid understanding of structured data and SQL.
- Postgres experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to software engineering best practices, including source code control, agile methodologies, automated testing and relentless refactoring.
- Willingness to learn other languages and platforms as needed.
- Good communication and team skills.
- Experience with AWS platforms and CDK deployment.
- Experience with C#, Microsoft .net, Terraform deployment.
- Experience with Mongo DB.
$120K - $145K based on qualifications & experience