Make a difference in the lives of 1,000s of ethical hackers building the tools they need.
Our tool, Dradis Framework, is used by 1,000s of hacking experts in 44 countries around the world. We're looking for folks who like to solve problems and build a business and product that people genuinely love to interact with.
We're small, self-funded, profitable, and have been in business for 12 years.
What’s the opportunity?
In this role, you will learn a ton and be part of a small, global, and user-centered company. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of 100s of ethical hackers. Plus, as a small team, you will have a lot of choice about what to work on, and there are still a lot of untapped opportunities for you to grow as the company does.
What we offer and what we are looking for:
You'll be a trusted and key member of our team, and this is (some of) what you'll end up doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Improve the experience for our users, and help them get the results they need.
- Detect opportunities to enhance and improve our stack.
- Extend the coverage of our API layer.
- Improve our existing products and internal systems. We want to learn from you as you learn from us.
- Prioritize and decide what features we should tackle next.
- Rails 6 (although we started with Rails 1.2 in 2007)
- JS, Stimulus, CoffeeScript, and Sass
- Bootstrap and jQuery
- Postgres and MySQL
- Sinatra, Resque, Middlemanapp, Chef, Vagrant, Nginx, Unicorn,...
We're looking for a solid Rubyist with «adequate» experience who is comfortable in a 100% distributed team and is self-driven.
This is a full-time position for the right candidate and it has an immediate start date. Work 100% remotely on a flexible schedule with reasonable overlap with EU business hours.
Ideally, you've held a remote position before, or you've held a similar position of responsibility in a traditional organization but now are looking to improve your work-life balance.
You are a well-rounded individual, work is not everything in life, you may have a family and social life. You work hard when it's work time and are able to switch off when it isn't.
You're comfortable communicating with others verbally and in writing. Our team is spread across the world, and so are our users.
You are organized, like to be on top of your responsibilities, and don't let things slip through the cracks. You will be sure to include the name of your favourite tv series as part of your application.
A knack for design / UX will be a plus. A background in Information Security wouldn't hurt either.
You believe in giving back to the community
. We started
with an open-source project and to this day we remain firm believers in open-source and giving back. Most of what you will be creating with the team will be released as open-source.
Benefits of working with us
- Work anywhere – We're 100% remote.
- Flexible work hours - Provided you have reasonable overlap with the team (roughly within US/Eastern business hours).
- Great salary – You will be making more than others in your region.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you (no less than 4 weeks each year).
- No external pressures - Our users are king, we do what's best for them. We're self-funded, and don't have any investors, so we can make the right decisions for our customers without worrying about artificial deadlines or financial targets.
- Autonomy – You will be given a lot of freedom to do what you think is right, without needing to explain every decision.
- Meaningful work – You will take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. We won't micro-manage you. And your work will be measured by your results.
- You'll be working in the two greatest markets in the world these days... Software & Security.
- You will have great hardware and tools to work with.