The Receptionist, located in the RiNo district in Denver, CO, is the industry-leading, cloud-based Visitor Management Solution (VMS) that automates visitor check-in and helps reduce the chaos of the modern front office. We are currently seeking a Rails Developer to join our growing team.
The Rails Developer will partner with the Director of Engineering and work closely with other members of the engineering team to deploy new features and functionality on six week cycles to our manufacturing-focused visitor management product we call Receptful. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an eye for good UX/UI, is comfortable with having ownership of their projects, and has a passion for delighting customers.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll focus primarily on the user-facing side of our majestic Rails monolith. There will also be opportunities to create “full stack” features that have a back-end component.
- You will build new or enhance existing View Components and Stimulus controllers, and style them with Tailwind.
- Investigate and fix any reported bugs.
- Maintain and create new RSpec tests.
- 3 or more years of experience using Rails (experience with version 6.1 or above a bonus).
- An understanding of the Hotwire and Turbo technologies. A huge plus would be if you had experience with these technologies in a production application.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a B2B SaaS preferred.
- Alignment with our core values that are the FABRIC of everything we do: Fun, Authentic, Bold, Respectful, Innovative, and Collaborative.
- Laugh daily!
Technologies Currently In Use:
- Frameworks: Rails, RSpec, ViewComponents, Tailwind, StimulusJS, Hotwire
- Operating Systems: macOS
- Other: Postgresql, Redis, Sidekiq
What Makes Us Unique
As a company, we live by the principles of Employee Supremacy and our core values of FABRIC. Employee Supremacy means that we act with intention in favor of employees instead of shareholders. By doing so, we create an environment that gives customers an authentic experience and has dedicated, happy, and productive employees, which leads to healthier, more sustainable growth.
Additionally, our core values of FABRIC (Fun, Authentic, Bold, Respectful, Innovative, Collaborative) help us create a vibrant, positive culture at scale. Having these defined provides a clear blueprint for employees to live our values every day, work together to better serve our customers, and speak a common language.
Examples of how this shows up every day are:
- We pursue intentional growth, not growth at all costs.
- We strive for sustainable company growth by making decisions that prioritize employee needs first, followed by customers, then shareholders.
- We know that our team members want to care for our customers, so we give them autonomy and trust to make decisions.
- We assume positive intent of one another.
Total compensation includes a salary range of $125,000 to $150,000 annually based on a combination of skills, experience, knowledge, and performance. The Receptionist also has a generous benefits program, the full list of which you can review on our careers page!
The Receptionist is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.