) is a all-in-one eCommerce platform for marketplaces. We'd need your help to develop new features & integrations while keeping bugs under control.
This is a long-term and 100% remote work position in a fast-growing, high-intensity SasS product company. We are passionate about our product and are excited about the opportunity to be a market leader.
So, what will I do?
- Work in a team with fellow engineers and stakeholders
- Design, Implement, Gather Feedback, Iterate - this is not a task-taking job, this will require you to implement, improve and deploy features from A to Z. And talk to people.
- Our team is composed of people all around the globe and English is the primary language of communication.
- We keep our meetings as short as possible (usually a daily standup and occasional pair programming) to create a distraction-free zone.
- You can freely speak to the CTO and CEO at any time, you should speak to them as often as you can.
- Work with modern and well-proven tech-stack
We use Ruby 3 and Rails 7 with Hotwire to build great interactive UIs for our customers as well as integrations with a number of 3rd party APIs - e-commerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, etc), payment gateways (Stripe), tax services, and many others with REST and GraphQL
- This will require both backend and some frontend skills to develop features end-to-end
We process millions of jobs with Sidekiq
TDD and CI & CD to deliver the best quality code (which will also be tested via static analyzer tools)
- Product-oriented approach
- At least 3 years of commercial experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Good team player skills
- Great communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Sidekiq and background processing of large volumes of data
Hotwire experience, we use both Turbo and Stimulus
- Efficiency in writing automatic tests (Capybara/rspec) or similar
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs such as payment gateways, fulfillment providers, tax services, analytics, marketing automation
- Good knowledge of building performant SQL queries
- Ability to deliver the feature from 0 to 1 and take ownership of it
- Experience working with Shopify, Woo Commerce, BigCommerce or Magento/Adobe Commerce API
- Experience developing Spree or Solidus apps is a great plus
- ElasticSearch and Redis knowledge is a big plus
The recruitment process:
- Get-to-know call with our CTO
- A Test Task. This task shouldn’t take more than 4-5 hours to complete. The goal is not to have a fully implemented solution, work-in-progress is more than enough! We just want to see how you would approach this challenge
- Feedback on your test task solution
- Job offer and paperwork
- Compensation $3,800 - $5,150 to your bank account
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
20 paid vacation days a year
Paid sick leave up to a week a year
Evaluation Process every 6 months (your job satisfaction survey, your team feedback, your manager feedback, compensation review)
The controller of your personal data is Vendo sp. o.o. seated in Warsaw, at Jasna 15 Street (‘Controller’ or ‘Vendo’). Contact e-mail with the Controller is possible at gdpr at getvendo.com
- Your data, if you wish to conclude a contract of employment, will be processed for purposes related to the fulfillment of legal obligations (labor code). If you want to cooperate under B2B contract or contract of mandate data will be processed in order to carry out the recruitment and analysis process CV in terms of the possible conclusion of the contract. Irrespective of the grounds indicated above, your data will also be processed for the purpose of setting the conditions employment/cooperation, as well as Vendo claims or defense. Processing for these purposes is carried out on a legal basis Vendo's legitimate interest in obtaining information on the expectations of the candidate, in particular the expected one remuneration and availability, as well as a possible investigation, establishing or defending against claims in court and out of court. If you send us more data than required by labor code or by Vendo data will be processed on consent expressed by sending a recruitment application. Your personal data may also be processed on the basis of consent for the purpose of future recruitment.
- Your data will be processed by our partner, providing the platform for submitting recruitment applications. Out partners may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have the right to request from the Controller access to your data, rectify your data, demand its erasure, restriction of processing, object to processing, and data portability. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent (to the extent that processing was based on consent), but the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- We process your personal data in order to recruit for the position indicated in the announcement and possibly longer for the period of limitation of claims. When you have agreed to participate in future recruitment for a period not longer than 6 months from the moment of collection (or until you withdraw your consent for future recruitment).
- Providing personal data to participate in the recruitment procedure is voluntary. Failure to provide personal data required under the Labor Code (in the case of a contract of employment) or data required by Vendo (in the case of B2B contract or contract of mandate) will result in the inability to participate in the recruitment procedure. Failure to send additional data, not required by the Labor Code or by Vendo, will not affect the possibility of participating in recruitment proceedings.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at e-mail gdpr at getvendo.com