Your new role at SparkLoop
As our newest junior/mid-level engineer, you'll start by working right across our product stack. With a focus on integrations, platform stability and providing technical guidance to our larger media brand clients.
From there, you'll progress rapidly to a mid-level role within the product team, taking on responsibility for your own projects used by thousands of the world's top newsletters.
Heroku, Linear, Sentry, GitHub Actions, Stripe
- help our support team with technical issues
- team up with sales to onboard household media brands onto SparkLoop
- work on a wide-range of important features across the platform
- build out integrations with key ESP partners
Signs this role is perfect for you
You definitely have:
- Excellent communication skills, time management, developer principles and team attitude
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Test Driven Development mentality
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Part of your working day in US and EU timezones
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Postgres experience
- GIT experience
In a perfect world, you also have:
- Software-as-a-Service experience
- Stimulus/Hotwire experience
- Tailwind + ViewComponent experience
- Experience building integrations with ESPs
- Experience working closely with customer support/success
If this sounds a lot like you but not quite everything, we encourage you to apply anyway. There's still a great chance you're who we're looking for!
Why you'll love working at SparkLoop
At SparkLoop, we're a calm, profitable tech company. We know work is only one part of your life. And we expect you to fit it in around your family and life, not the other way around.
But that doesn't mean we aren't ambitious.
In just three years, our small team of six has built the best toolkit for newsletter growth. Used by thousands of top newsletters and media brands — from Morning Brew to household names like James Clear and Tim Ferriss. And we have big plans for the next three years.
You'll be working with awesome people, on your own schedule, building a product with huge potential that people genuinely love.
Here are a few of the key benefits:
- $50-70k initial salary pA (with quick, clear progression)
- A fully remote team culture
- Annual team retreats (most recently Portugal, London)
- Stipend towards home-office or coworking space
- Generous PTO policy
- Side projects encouraged
Most importantly, you have the unique opportunity to grow quickly alongside SparkLoop, moulding your initial role into your dream one.
- Apply by filling out the short form
- You may be invited to do a short, paid coding exercise
- You may be invited to two interviews with our team
- Within 30 days, you'll have an offer or a rejection