We believe that in a world of digital overload, customers crave tangible connections and delightful experiences.
Our fun, smart, and driven team is passionate about delivering on this mission and helping our thousands of ecom/DTC brand customers succeed with direct mail marketing.
Our proprietary platform and technology creates individually personalized, automated direct mail campaigns as easily as email and for less than the cost of a click. We help online brands reach and retain more of their customers as email engagement declines, iOS makes it harder to target customers online, and competition is driving up CPCs. We cut through the digital clutter to drive remarkable incremental revenue and profits, and have the data, case studies, and growth to back it up. 7X+ YoY growth, >60 headcount, profitable.
We also operate our own production facilities, so there is also a hardware component to the platform. Our software powers a fleet of commercial printers and handwriting robots.
In this role, you will lead our development team of 8 senior full stack engineers (and growing!) You will help translate business needs into features, provide vision and direction for the infrastructure necessary to support our rapid growth, oversee all code that is pushed to production and support the dev team to ensure they are operating at optimal efficiency and velocity. You’ll help with feature shaping, be the final say on key PRs, and help unblock the team when needed through collaboration on complex projects.
You’ll have a seat at the table. As part of the leadership team, you will work closely with the senior management team and C-Suite to plan and communicate the product roadmap and deliverables.
This is a fully remote position.
- Strong developer: Be adept at helping the team arrive at the best possible approaches and solutions. Review and optimize PRs. Unblock and coach the team if they have particularly challenging projects.
- Subject matter expert: Develop a strong understanding of our product and our customer to translate business needs to product features.
- Strategic: Understand the big picture and how all the pieces fit together, as well as where the product needs to go to support future growth and capabilities. Articulate and debate the company's strategy with the executive team.
- Partner with Product Management: Manage the roadmap and backlog. Shape individual features based on company objectives while balancing routine maintenance and technical debt, to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Leadership: Be able to recruit, motivate, and retain amazing talent.
- Systems Architecture: Own the overall technical design and implementation strategy to support rapid growth and scaling of all applications while maintaining stability and performance.
- Quality & Consistency: Champion and lead modern, pragmatic software development and design best practices, define light-weight processes, encouraging consistency and discipline across the organization.
- Provide Support: Establish monitoring, alerting, and support channels for products in production, detect and address issues proactively, participate in incident handling, and serve as the highest level of technical support.
- Establish Security, Privacy, & Compliance best practices: Ensure all digital privacy legal requirements are maintained and the application adheres to enterprise security standards.
- Ruby: You have extensive experience and a deep understanding of Ruby and Rails in production environments.
- Ecom Experience: Familiarity with ecommerce platforms (e.g. Shopify) and marketing principles is helpful for context.
- Managing high performing teams of 5 or more engineers with a strong track record of leading individual contributors.
- Leading, building, and scaling B2B SaaS solutions in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Significant experience/materery of modern web, front-end, backend, database, and devops.
- Securing modern cloud-hosted applications and protecting user privacy.
- Supporting highly-available, performant production environments.
- Building and monitoring remote physical hardware maintenance.
- Monitoring and scaling large Sidekiq background node clusters.
- Managing and monitoring large and high-growth Postgres databases.
- An understanding of modern devops practices like automated testing and deployment specifically with Heroku.
- Code: Ruby, Rails, Stimulus/Hotwire, Spec, Python, Raspbian NextJs, Express Js
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, PostgreSQL, Redis, JudoScale, Github, CI (GitHub), Snowflake