You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way. Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
Nikola’s cloud software team is on the lookout for a Full Stack Software Engineer with strong front end skills to support the development of our customer- and internal-facing websites.
What you’ll own
The development and maintenance of features for drivers, fleet administrators and service technicians. Utilizing data from real trucks, you’ll create tools to visualize truck and driver performance, profile truck behavior, and diagnose service needs. As our dataset grows, you’ll be exposed to ever more sophisticated data analysis methods enabling even more exciting insights.
What you’re great at:
- Front end web development. You’re perfectly at home with flexbox and CSS grid, excited to use Tailwind. You’re strong with Vue.js, React, or similar. You test your front end code with something like Jest. You get a thrill seeing data come to life using tools like Chartkick.
- Ruby or Rails or similar MVC framework
- Teamwork (we are a supportive environment)
- Independence (we are a small team, so we are respectful of one another’s time, and look to each person to become the expert on something)
- Empathy (we make the best products when we emphasize with the customer. We make the best team when we empathize with one another.)
What you’re familiar with:
Ideal Candidate will have:
- SSR in Rails (Hotwire, Stimulus, ViewComponents)
- Passion for clean tech
- Interest in automotive (or just how stuff works in general)
Nikola Corporation is globally transforming the transportation industry. As a designer and manufacturer of zero-emission battery-electric and hydrogen-electric vehicles, electric vehicle drivetrains, vehicle components, energy storage systems, and hydrogen station infrastructure, Nikola is driven to revolutionize the economic and environmental impact of commerce as we know it today. Nikola Corporation is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. For more information, visit www.nikolamotor.com
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
EEO Statement: Nikola Corporation™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.