We’re a rapidly growing startup seeking a motivated and product-minded Full Stack Developer. In this role, you’ll play a key part in developing and maintaining our platform of products built on the latest versions of Ruby, Rails and Hotwire. You’d be joining as our 3rd engineer in a close-knit and highly productive team (based in London and one based in Chile). This team will be expanding considerably so it’s a chance to get in early!
What we do
At gocertify, we revolutionise how brands run their offers & loyalty programmes. In just over 3 years we’ve partnered with 350+ retailers including the likes of FARFETCH, Currys, Samsung, HelloFresh and the H&M group. We are continuing to grow quickly, driving over £5m in retailer sales every month - we’ve achieved this without external investment (we’re fully bootstrapped and profitable).
We currently have 2 industry-disrupting products:
- Closed group offer verification - enables retailers to engage important segments like students, key workers, and specific age groups with exclusive discounts. Leveraging AI, we ensure instant and accurate verification. Check out the first Google result for “FARFETCH NHS discount” to see an example.
- White-label offer pages - help retailers convert more shoppers that google for discounts by creating a seamless, brand-owned discount page, diverting traffic from 3rd party websites. Check out the first Google result for “Currys discount code” to see an example.
Underpinning both is the ability for brands to collect zero-party data. As data becomes the most valuable resource, gocertify is at the forefront of driving the shift toward retailer-owned shopper data. This shift is making us more and more appealing to the world's biggest brands.
Working at gocertify
We’re a team of 14, working remotely, but with access to coworking spaces in London where we optionally meet up. We bring the whole team together for socials and team coworking days too.
We work hard, have fun and treat each other with respect and kindness. We’re always working to improve our approach to diversity, equity and inclusion (D,E & I) and know that difference will help us succeed as colleagues and as a company.
About the role
- Collaborate with a dynamic and motivated team to design, develop, and deploy impactful features, directly affecting 300+ household name brands and millions of shoppers.
- Write and review high-quality, efficient code, primarily in Ruby, including front-end work with ERB and Tailwind CSS.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and help foster a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing features and applications. This includes Rails, database, and caching at our CDN.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by users and address technical challenges as they arise.
- Stay ahead of the latest trends. We’re passionate about using the latest technologies like Open Banking, AI, GPT and Ruby on Rails developments e.g. Hotwire.
- Our tools stack: Linear, Figma, Slack, Make.com, Airtable, Webflow, Notion, New Relic, Sentry, Judo Scale.
- Our tech stack: Ruby on Rails, Hotwire, TailwindCSS, RSpec, Heroku, AWS Lambda (Serverless framework) and Google Functions.
- Self-starter and product-minded focused on delivering value to end-users. We value your input on our roadmap and would love if you’ve built your own products!
- Strong English communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for learning and working with cutting-edge technologies.
- 2+ years experience in building web applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Proficiency with front-end technologies such as Tailwind CSS and Stimulus.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and SQL queries.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git) and agile development methodologies.
- We welcome you to apply, even if you don't feel you meet 100% of our criteria.
- Location: UK or EU based, working remotely from home. You’ll be required to attend some meetings and events in London at least once a month (travel costs to be reimbursed by gocertify).
- Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not possible for this role. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
- Meaningful EMI share options
- 25 days annual leave + UK bank holidays
- Private health insurance with AVIVA (including optical and dental cashback and the option to self-fund partners/dependents)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Work-from-home budget
- Macbook or equivalent laptop
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible remote work in any country around our core hours (10am-4pm UK)
- Unlimited access to coworking spaces in 48+ countries through Hubble
- Access to incredible gocertify offers + Perks at Work account