Do you want to become part of a well-funded and fast-growing startup? An environment, where we value open communication, flat hierarchy, creative problem solving and hard work? A place where we work with the latest Ruby and RoR version, a modern Kubernetes infrastructure, use the Atlassian toolset for managing the development and communicate with Slack?
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Solution Architect (Full Stack) who brings projects to life and provides technical and architectural leadership to other engineers in the team. You'll be responsible for shipping new features, guide other colleagues while ensuring the code stays of high quality, remains scalable and testable.
Entrepreneurial mindset and technical ingenuity are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed and experienced in bringing projects to life. You have a maker mindset and are a passionate, hands-on software architect and lead developer striving for continuous improvement.
- Working closely with the lead engineer / product owner to build a great product and manage the delivery of new features
- Design and develop new features together with more junior team members
- Writing testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- Discovering, choosing, and implementing (new) technologies that yield competitive advantages
Ruby on Rails: 7+ years of proven professional Ruby on Rails web development experience
Elasticsearch: 2+ years of proven experience
Solution Design: You are comfortable designing the implementation of feature specification, including database design (PostgreSQL) and REST interfaces
Education: A higher education, preferably in computer sciences or related
Languages: Very good English is a must, German a plus
- Allowed to work in Switzerland
Backend: Ruby V. 3.1, Ruby on Rails V 7.1, Rspec, Sidekiq, ElasticSearch
Frontend: Stimulus.js and turbo.js
Deployment: Gitlab with CI/CD (Rubocop, Rspec, Brakeman)
Infrastructure: Kubernetes Cluster on OVH
- Join a highly motivated, open-minded team
- Have an impact in a fast-growing B2B SaaS startup
- Possibility to drive the technological development
- Time flexibility
- Compensation: Salary with an attractive Stock Option Plan.
About Timly Software
Timly is a cloud-based inventory management solution for companies to intuitively track, facilitate and automate the management of their physical assets / inventory. We often compare ourselves to a CRM, which centralizes all information and activities around a company’s clients in one system. Timly does the exact same thing for a company’s inventory / physical assets. With the help of QR code labels, mobile devices and our platform, we connect the physical with the digital world. Timly brings all information to where the assets are located and allows the user to manage the information where the asset is located, e.g. on a construction site, warehouse or hospital floor. All information is saved in the cloud, giving the user a 360° view of the asset.